Spinosi Tagliolini with Quail and Taleggio Cheese Fondue
By Chef Antonio Mure'
Prepare the soffritto and the quail
1. Very finely chop the carrot, onion and celery in a food processor (this is a commonly used sauce base called “soffritto”). 2. Sauté the soffritto in the Paradiso extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until just browned, a couple of minutes.
3. Add the ground/chopped quail meat and the Marsala wine, the butter and salt and pepper to taste. Let cook for 20 minutes. Set aside. Prepare the Taleggio cheese fondue
4. Reduce the cream and the Taleggio cheese in a pan over medium heat. Once the cream has thickened, add the Parmigiano Reggiano and mix vigorously until it becomes smooth throughout the sauce.
Prepare the tagliolini
5. Cook the Spinosi tagliolini in plenty of boiling water which has been slightly salted until just al dente. Meanwhile, gently reheat the quail ragu.
6. Once the tagliolini are ready, drain them with a colander and then toss with the quail ragu' for just a minute.
7. To serve, pour the fondue on each plate and arrange the tagliolini on top. Enjoy!
Chef Antonio Mure'