Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe
Adapted from recipe handed to us in the kitchen at La Fiaschetteria Beltramme
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the Tonnarelli.
2. Meanwhile, gently heat a large fry pan with sides high enough to be able to toss the pasta in.
3. When the Tonnarelli are ready (careful, egg pasta cooks much faster than regular, so be sure to note the time indicated on the package), drain, reserving about 1 cup of the water, and add both the pasta and then the water to the pan, quickly followed by the Cacio di Roma. Add 1 tsp black pepper.
4. Gently toss over a medium flame until it is all combined and the cheese has become creamy. Sprinkle in another ½ teaspoon of pepper.
5. To serve, dust each plate with more Cacio di Roma and pepper, top with a serving of Tonnarelli, and dust Cacio and pepper again on top. Serve piping hot. You’ve just become a real Roman.