4-5 cups water
1 ½ c farro perlato
1 tbsp salt, and more to taste
¾ c red onion, chopped
1 ½ c cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
1 stalk celery, chopped into small pieces
1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
3 tbsp Margai Modena balsamic vinegar
1/3 c Bardi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Combine the water and farro in a medium saucepan. Add 3 tablespoons of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the farro is tender but not mushy, about 50 minutes.
3. Drain well, and then transfer to a large bowl to cool completely.
4. Add the red onion, tomatoes, celery to the farro and toss.
5. Combine the garlic, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and whisk together or shake in a mason jar. Toss with the farro and add salt to taste. This salad can be refrigerated, however it will taste best if it is brought almost to room temperature before serving. Buon appetito!