Risotto with Dried Porcini, Taleggio and Truffle Oil
1. Soak the dried porcini in a cup of hot water for 20 minutes. Strain the porcini water into the broth and keep warm on the stove. Roughly chop the porcini mushrooms and set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat the Paradiso extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened and translucent. Next add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until toasted and opaque, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the white wine to the rice, and then add a large ladle of stock and cook, stirring, until it is almost absorbed. Add the chopped porcini, then continue adding the stock a ladle at a time, waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy but al dente, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the Taleggio cheese and the Parmigiano Reggiano until well mixed. Remove from heat. Drizzle the truffle oil on top and mix in.
5. Portion into serving plates and serve with extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano on the side. Buon appetito!