Onion, Oregano and Olive Oil Focaccia
From the Chefs at Cecconi's West Hollywood, CA
(makes 2 half-sheet trays)
1. Set aside half the of the flour and all of the yeast. Combine the rest of the flour, water, salt and honey in a mixer at low speed with the dough hook attachment.
2. Add the yeast, then slowly add the remaining flour. Mix on med-high for 7 more minutes. Remove the dough, cover with a tea towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
3. Next, divide the dough in half, one for each half sheet tray. Oil each tray and place one piece of dough on each, flipping so that both sides get coated with the oil. Let proof for 45 minutes.
4. After proofing, stretch to the dough to fit the trays and sprinkle all over with salt. Top with onions, oregano, pepper and Paradiso Extra Virgin Olive Oil, let sit another 45 minutes, covered with the tea towels and then spray thoroughly with water just before putting in oven, which you will have preheated to 450.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Buon appetito!