Pea soup with grilled octopus, GROK and aged balsamic vinegar
1. Boil the octopus in unsalted water for 30 minutes (time it from when the water starts to boil again after adding the octopus), then cool in the same water. If it is a larger octopus, boil for 45 minutes and cool.
2. Prepare the pea soup. Sauté the peas in a shallow pot with a little Paradiso Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a few minutes. Next, cover with boiling vegetable stock and add salt and pepper. Cook the peas until they are completely soft, then puree in a blender until they are very smooth.
3. Pre-heat oven to 375F, then place a cooking tray with the 10 tomatoes seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper into the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut the octopus tentacles in pieces and sear in a very hot non-stick pan for 1 minute without oil on one side. Turn over, drizzle with a teaspoon or two of olive oil and sear for another minute to get them crispy on the outside.
5. Pour the pea soup into the serving plates and layer with the octopus. Add the roasted tomatoes, crumble a few GROK on top and add a few whole pieces.
6. Finally, finish with a few drops of Margai Riserva balsamic vinegar.